First off, do not believe everything you read! You are going to hear all kinds of horror stories about tongue piercings, but guess what? When ear lobe piercing was on the rise, there were all kinds of tales of doom and gloom with these as well. No matter where you look, you can always find bad reviews and horror stories for everything in the world all due to others opinion. Think about – you can hear not to eat eggs from one doctor and then from other eat eggs. Like stated before, it is all an opinion. The main thing is to learn how to care for your piercings whether they are on your ear lobes, tongues, naval, or elsewhere.
Instead of listening to the horror tales, learn how to care for your piercings. If you listen to all the tales, you will lock yourself in a room and never come out and even stop eating and drinking everything in the world.
If you want a tongue piercings the best way to ensure that you do not have problems with your piercing is to follow the care instructions.
1. You must know that it will take from 4 to 6 weeks for your tongue piercing to heal.
2. You should cleanse your moth with a diluted mouthwash at least 12 times per day for one full minute.
3. You should also rinse your mouth with diluted mouthwash after smoking, eating, and drinking. Watch out for mouthwashes that are high in alcohol and never use hydrogen peroxide.
4. Before touching your tongue piercing be sure your hands are thoroughly clean and try not to touch it all unless it is necessary.
5. For the first couple of weeks, you should be a soft food diet.
6. For the full 4 to 6 weeks, until the piercing has healed – no kissing or oral sex.
7. Do not use antibiotic ointments, gels, or creams – this can cause germs to be trapped in the piercing
8. It is best to use a liquid antiseptic for two weeks after the piercing on each of the piercing
9. Drink ice water or such on water to aid with swelling
10. Soak the piercing with a warm low sea salt solution
Things you watch for and if occur visit your doctor include
• Unusual swelling over ¼ of an inch from the piercing
• Discharge from the piercing that is yellow-green
• Excessive bleeding
• Red streaks on the tongue from the piercing
• Pain that does not go away
Tongue piercings can be fun and exciting as long as you ensure you are following the care instructions.
At Body Jewelry by The Chain Gang we produce some of the very finest Quality Body Piercing Jewelry and Adult Toys in the Industry. We are also always happy to help you whenever we can. Just email us. Russ@TheChainGang.com www.TheChainGang.com