Nipple piercings are among the most popular piercings in the world, so it’s not surprising there are many different jewelry styles and jewelry types made for this piercing.
Some of these jewelry styles are basic ones and can be used for many different piercing types while others are made and designed for nipple piercings only.
The Most Popular Styles
Here are the most popular nipple jewelry styles:
- Straight Barbells. Perhaps the most common nipple jewelry style is a straight barbell. It can accommodate nipple easily and it looks very effective in a pierced nipple. These barbells are smooth and go through a nipple easily, while their ends can be plain or decorated with a gem or another element.
- Captive Bead Rings. Another common nipple jewelry style is a Captive Bead Ring (CBR). Rings are so popular that some people assume they are the only jewelry style available for pierced nipples. CBRs can be plain or they may come with a decoration, such as a decorative bead, gem, charm or another decoration.
- Other Rings. Instead of CBRs, some people choose to wear different types of rings in their nipple piercings. Popular choices include segment and seamless rings, as well as screwball rings.
- Nipple Shields and Nipple Rounders. These are more elaborate nipple jewelry pieces. They are usually larger in size and they are meant to encircle the nipple and accentuate it. Many nipple shields consist of a shield itself and a primary jewelry (usually a straight barbell). Others only include the shield and you have to add a barbell yourself. Nipple shields and rounders come in many different sizes, shapes and decorations, so they can be truly eye-catching.
- Nipple Stirrups. Nipple stirrups are special dangle decorations added to the main jewelry piece, usually a straight barbell. Some of these dangle are very simple and consist only of a chain suspended from both sides of a barbell (or another jewelry piece). On the other hand, some dangles are very richly ornamented, with gems, beads, charms and other decorations. Some dangles are thick and made into full swings. Sometimes, these dangles are made to hold large decorations. These large decorations can be very attractive and made in the shape of birds, butterflies, flowers and other shapes.
- Nipple Trainers. These are special devices made to be worn on the nipples in order to stretch and expand the nipples. They are often used in bondage and other sexual activities, but can be worn for the visual effect alone. Nipple trainers typically have special adjustment screws that allow the device to stretch to different heights. Nipple trainers are not, strictly speaking, nipple jewelry, but they are popular among people who like intense nipple stimulation, nipple stretching and nipple torture.
- Decorative Elements. There are many other decorative elements that can be added to the basic nipple jewelry piece to make it more attractive. Some of the popular choices include charms, whirls, swings, chains, and more. Nipple jewelry is often very decorated so there are many decorative elements that are often used to make a jewelry piece more attractive.