Nostril piercing is among the most popular piercings in the world, so it’s not surprising there are many beautiful jewelry pieces to go with it. You may choose between several different nose jewelry styles that are specially designed for this type of piercing or you may use multifunctional jewelry that will accommodate almost any piercing. When choosing your nose jewelry, however, you need to make sure that the chosen jewelry piece fits your requirements. Here are some tips on how to ensure that.
Know Your Size
The most important thing is to know the gauge you are pierced with, because it will determine the size of the jewelry you need to get. Of course, if you have a stretched piercing you will need to know your current gauge. Whatever you do, knowing your gauge is absolutely needed because you won’t be able to find the appropriate jewelry that fits if you are unsure about the gauge.
If you don’t know the gauge you may take your older nose jewelry and use a gauge wheel to measure it. If everything else fails, go to your piercer to consult them about the gauge size you need to buy.
Another measurement to keep in mind is the length of the post. Most nostril jewelry pieces have a post so you need to know how long it has to be to accommodate you. This size is individual and jewelry is made to accommodate most people. However, there are also some jewelry styles that can be easily customized if general sizes don’t fit you.
How to Ensure a Perfect Fit
Here are some additional tips on how to ensure a great fit or your nostril piercing jewelry:
- If a jewelry piece leaves a gap between the flesh and the top of the jewelry, it means that the post of the jewelry is a bit too long for you. The decorative top of the jewelry should be just at the nostril u4level. If it sticks out, it means you need a bit shorter post.
- Similarly, if decorative part of jewelry sinks in, it’s a sign that the post is too short. You will need jewelry with a longer post.
- If the end part of the nose screw sticks out at the bottom of the nostril, it means you’ll need a bit shorter jewelry. If it’s not possible for your to find a shorter nose screw you can use a different jewelry type, such as a nose bone.
- If your piercings starts to feel a little sore, it might be a sign that your jewelry is not properly fitted or that you need to try a different style. Experiment with different jewelry types until you find what works the best for you.
- In case it’s very difficult to find any jewelry type that fits, the problem may be in your piercing. You might be pierced too high or too low, which makes it difficult to find appropriate jewelry. Also, unconventional placements sometimes make it tricky to find jewelry that fits. If this is your case, consult your piercer for tips on how to choose the best jewelry for your unique piercing.