One of the most exciting things about urethral stimulation is that you can play with your toys in many different ways. It all depends on your preferences and experience level, but there are definitely various things you can try.
For many people, one of the most exciting things about urethral stimulation is to use the toy to simulate penetrative sex. In other words, to penetrate your penis with a toy. Typically, it is done using in and out movements, in which the sound or a penis plug is moved in and out of the penis. Basically, it means “fucking” yourself (or your partner!) with a urethral toy. While not all people enjoy this activity, many claim this is the best and most arousing part of urethral stimulation.
“In and Out” Sounding Tips
If you wish to try in and out sounding, good news: there is actually nothing preventing you to try. There are not many rules and guidelines for this form of a play, though as with any other form of urethral stimulation, it is vital to stay safe and know how to proceed. For this reason, inexperienced users are advised to try this form of stimulation with an experienced partner who will sound them. If you wish to try this activity on your own, the most important thing is to go slowly and gently! This is an absolute must to keep yourself safe and without injuries to your urethra.
Here are some tips on safe in and out sounding:
Insert the toy carefully. The toy has to be inserted with care. Do not rush things out.
Use plenty of lube. In and out sounding makes a lot of friction, so to prevent injuries to your urethra, make sure to use plenty of lube. Lube the toy and your penis before you start. If it ever becomes a bit too rough, make sure to re-lube before continuing.
Go gently. It is an imperative to go slowly and gently. While it might be difficult to maintain the slow rhythm as you get aroused, it is vital to stay safe. Do not go too rough!
Go only an inch or two. One important thing to know about in and out sounding: the stroking motions should be short. You should move the toy out only for an inch or two! Use short strokes and do not move the toy more than an inch or two up and down! This is important to maintain safety.
Do not go too deep. In and out stimulation is ideal for shorter urethral toys, such as ribbed and textured penis plugs and short sounds. It is generally not made for deep stimulation, so make sure not to insert the toys too deeply into your urethra.
You may need to downsize, but be careful. This is a tricky one. Generally speaking, toys that are too thin are reserved for experienced users only, since they are sharper and more dangerous. On the other hand, in and out sounding generally feels better with a toy that is one size (but not more!) smaller than your usual size. It will make the toy glide with ease. That being said, it is dangerous to use toys that are too thin, so if you are only starting out (and using toys one size bigger than the smaller one or two sizes bigger than the smallest one), using a thinner toy for in and out sounding may be too dangerous. This is why beginner users are absolutely encouraged to either stretch their urethra first or not to try in and out sounding at all. You may try with your usual toy diameter and see how it goes. If it’s too tight for in and out sounding it’s better to wait until you are more experienced or until your urethra is properly stretched. Do not use super-thin toys for this purpose! Again, those are reserved for experienced users.
Use appropriate toys. Always use only toys specially designed for urethral stimulation. If you wish to try in and out massage, it’s best to use short, textured toys made for the purpose. These toys with bumps and textured exterior will provide additional stimulation during use and will enhance the in and out motions. Recommended products:
- Toys for Beginners: Honey Hive Penis Plug with Thru Hole, Old School Penis Plug, Ribbed Urethral Penis Plug, Torpedo Penis Plug and Glans Ring, Totem Pole Penis Plug.
- Penis Plugs: One of a Kind Penis Spine and Plug, Ribbed Wedge Plug with Glans Ring, Brooks Ball Sounding Plug, Apollo 1 Penis Plug, Popping Penis Plug & Glans Ring, The Masturbator.
- Urethral Sounds: Bubble Sound, The Bullet Urethral Sound, The Drill, The Devils Triangle Urethral Sound, Inner Demon Urethral Sound, The Sound of Pleasure, Striker Urethral Sound.
- Other: Every Pleasure Known Sounding Rod, 8 Ball Cue Stick with Holding Ring
- While the article is focused on penis and male users, it’s important to know that women can enjoy this type of urethral massage, too. All you need to do is to choose a smaller toy than the one appropriate for penis sounding. Use plenty of lube and try gentle in and out movements to see how they feel. However, keep in mind not to go too deeply. If you feel any pain or if your urethral toy reaches the end of urethra, you should stop and wait until your body recovers. Next time, try using shorter movements.
- That being said, there are some women who enjoy bladder teasing (just like there are men who like the same thing). If you wish to do this keep in mind that this activity is more dangerous so you need to be as gentle as possible. Women have a much shorter urethra, which makes for a greater risk to develop urinary tract infections. As usual with these types of extreme sexual activities, it’s best to consult a doctor before doing anything!
- Keep in mind that in and out movements will probably irritate your urethral walls, even if you use plenty of lube (and you should always use lube!) Expect some burning during urination. Some people also experience a bit of pain, but it doesn’t last long. If the pain and burning sensation persist for hours or into following days make sure to consult your doctor.
- If you experience pain (particularly sharp pain), significant discomfort, discharge, blood, cramps or any other problem, it is important to seek medical attention immediately! To stay safe, it is best to find a kink-friendly doctor beforehand. Ask for their opinion and advice how to stay safe during sounding and make sure to contact them if you encounter any sort of a problem!