Apadydoe is a very advanced male genital piercing, and it’s very rare.
This piecing is a combination of an Apadravya and Dydoe piercings.
It is a complex piercing, typically done in pairs and it’s not for the faint of heart.
Apadydoe is a very striking piercing, so it sure makes for a very attractive sight. It is an advanced piercing, so it’s reserved for those who truly want to go one step further. Apadydoe is a combination of an Apadravya and Dydoe piercings connected with a single jewelry piece, typically a ring.
This piercing was first promoted by Erik Dakota in Fakir Musafar’s Body Play magazine. To this day, it remains very rare, but there are men who are intrigued by it and interested in getting one. If you wish to get this piercing it’s vital to do your research and find an absolutely experienced piercer. This is an advanced piercing so it has to be done carefully.
Needless to say, it’s also considered one of the most painful male genital piercings and penis piercings out there, but this should not stop those truly interested in Apadydoe to get one.
A typical jewelry for an Apadydoe piercing is a ring. Most commonly, Captive Bead Rings are used, but it’s possible to use some other type of the ring.
Two Piercings in One
Technically, Apadydoe is two piercings in one: Apadravya and a Dydoe. Many experts recommend treating it as such, that is, to get an Apadravya and a Dydoe first, and to connect them with jewelry later. This approach has its advantage. Since both Apadravya and Dydoe are serious piercings on their own, it’s wise to let them heal them first than to perform Apadydoe all in one go.
By treating this piercing as two you are also minimizing the risk of complications. Some experts recommend to get one piercing first (for example, an Apadravya), let that one heal and then get the other (Dydoe). Once the second one is healed, you can proceed to get them connected in an Apadydoe. This approach minimizes the pain and risk for infections because it’s always easier to perform one piercing at a time and to do aftercare on it before moving to the next one.
There is another advantage to this approach: by letting both Apadravya and Dydoe heal, you are ensuring a perfect fit for your Apadydoe. Only once your piercings are healed you can see how big the jewelry should really be. This is the best way to get the ring of the appropriate size that suits your anatomy perfectly. It also eliminates the need to change jewelry soon after the swelling is gone.
However, there is a disadvantage to this approach, especially if you’ve done your Apadravya and Dydoe before thinking of connecting them in an Apadydoe. For the best results and the most comfortable placement, your Apadravya and Dydoe have to be made in a certain way. Namely, the Apadravya has to be crooked and off-center so it can nicely connect to the Dydoe with a single jewelry piece. Also, Dydoe should also be off-center. Also, it’s best for both piercings to be done with a curved rather than a straight needle in order to accommodate round jewelry.
Additional Tips and Info
- This piercing is so rare there are almost no photos of it to be fund, save for the specialized magazines.
- Since two piercings (Apadravya and Dydoe) are connected with a ring that goes all around the penis, Apadydoe can be considered an orbital piercing.
- Apadydoe piercings are typically done in pairs. It means you will get one ring on the right side of your penis and the other on the left. It also means you will need to get two off-center Apadravyas (one on the each side) and two Dydoes.
- Apadydoe, just like Dydo e, is said to provide stimulating effect to both partners during sex.
- One of the reasons why Apadydoes are so rare is that Dydoe piercings are prone to migration and rejection, especially when faced with added pressure from the jewelry connected to another piercing. To minimize this problem, it’s advisable to wear your Apadydoe only temporarily and to let the piercings rest for a while by wearing separate jewelry in your Apadravya and Dydoe.