Cock rings are amazing sex toys that can help you a lot. However, you need to know how to use them properly in order to stay safe. Both beginners and more experienced users should follow these tips.
Sometimes, more experienced users forget about safety and following the rules, which leads to accidents and other problems. Also, it is not unusual for people to forget about safety in the heat of the moment. In order to prevent those problems, it’s vital to keep all these basic tips in mind, especially if you choose to wear sturdy cock rings (metal cock rings or cock rings with additional features).
One word of warning: Keep in mind that cock rings are made to enhance your performance: to make your erections harder, stronger and long-lasting. However, they are not medical devices made to treat erectile dysfunction or other problems. Nor are they special devices designed for penis enlargement. Do not expect miracles: cock rings are made for a specific purpose but they are limited in how much of an effect they can bring. That being said, they will generally help. For example, men who experience a bit of weaker erections or who don’t last long might notice an improvement. The point is: cock rings work, but they cannot treat more serious problems.
- Generally speaking, metal cock rings are not made for prolonged, long-term wear. To stay safe, you need to remove it every 15-20 minutes and you should not wear any metal cock rings for longer than 30 minutes at a time. Keep in mind that these rings restrict the blood flow, which can lead to numerous problems. To avoid these issues, let your penis and testicles rest before putting the ring on again.
- Before you start using cock rings, particularly metal ones and other more intense types, it is useful to consult your doctor. Make sure it is safe for you to try cock rings. Cock rings are not recommended to people with certain conditions, such as blood disorders or diabetes, and in some cases it is forbidden for these people to use them at all. To stay on the safe side, always consult your doctor.
- Any sharp, sudden pain is a bad news. While it might not signal that there is something serious going on, it is definitely a sign that you should remove your cock ring immediately. Leaving the ring on is dangerous and can lead to numerous problems. Do not hesitate: take it off right away.
- Lube can help you a lot: it will keep the things smoother and thus safer. Not to mention more comfortable! When using lube with your cock ring, don’t forget to apply it generously to the ring itself AND your body: penis, testicles, glans and your hands (needed for putting the ring on and taking it off). If you wish to have sex with your partner, it’s also useful to apply lube to your partner’s body.
- If you wish to use cock rings with condoms, you have to limit yourself to super-smooth rings without any sharp edges or additions. It is absolutely possible to wear a cock ring with a condom but you need to stay safe. Your cock ring should not rub too much on the condom because it might make it tear or slip off.
- For more comfort and to avoid accidents, it’s useful to remove hair from your testicles and penis shaft. Cock rings can easily snag on the hair, which leads to discomfort. While it’s usually not particularly dangerous, it is sure uncomfortable and not something you wish to happen in the heat of the moment!
- Typical warning signs: pain, swelling, increased discomfort, numbness, general loss of sensation, tingling feeling on the skin, redness, paleness or any other form of color change to your skin and penis tissue.
- If you need to remove your cock ring in the case of an emergency but you cannot lose your erection, try using lube to make the ring slip off. You may also try to use some ice on your penis to make it lose some of its girth. If all of this fails, however, you will need to seek medical attention, since the ring cannot stay on for too long. Also, prolonged unwanted erections are bad, so it’s important to consult your doctor if you are unable to remove your cock ring.
- If you notice any negative changes or if you experience prolonged pain, it’s best to consult your doctor. Be honest with them about your use of cock rings and other sex toys. This is the only way to receive a honest treatment and medical care you need.