Organic body jewelry is beautiful and unique. Made of natural, raw materials, these jewelry pieces are very attractive. Most of the organic body jewelry designs are made for ear piercings, particularly stretched piercings. However, that’s not all. Some organic jewelry pieces are specially made for other types of piercing or other body parts (for example, nose piercings).
To make the most of your organic jewelry, you need to know how to take a good care of them. Remember, these are organic, natural materials, so they require a bit different care routine than your metal jewelry in order to make them shine and last for long.
The first thing you need to know before using organic jewelry is that there are many different materials you can use. Unlike metal jewelry, these can’t be sanitized, so you need to take a good care of them. Also, it’s important to buy your organic jewelry from reputable stores. Not all types of wood and other organic materials are body-safe. To ensure your safety, it’s important to buy only quality, well-crafted jewelry sold in reputable stores.
Here are some quick tips on how to care for your organic body jewelry:
- Know the materials. With organic jewelry, the exact material is very important, because it usually dictates the care needed. Is your jewelry made of wood? Glass, stone? These materials require different care routines, so you need to know what to use.
- Organic jewelry should not be put under extreme conditions (sun, light, heat, cold, etc.)
- Don’t wash your organic jewelry with strong cleaners. Even a regular soap is too harsh (you may use mild and anti-bacterial soap).
- Bone and horn are good materials for allowing your skin to breathe. Another advantage is that it doesn’t get cold. However, it can easily dry out, which may cause cracks.
- Never soak your organic jewelry in water for too long. Make sure you dry it out properly before you wear it again.
- Polish your jewelry with vegetable oils to make them shine.
- Make sure to always keep your jewelry clean. Organic jewelry can’t be sanitized, so it’s important not to put it on dirty surfaces.
- Some jewelry made of wood should be sanded regularly.
- Organic jewelry is best to be used for fully healed piercings only. Never use it for new piercings or as initial piercing jewelry.
- Store your organic jewelry in a cool, dry place.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.