In order to be fully satisfied with your nipple piercing, it’s important to make a proper placement. Improper placement can bring a lot of problems, such as infections, migration and rejection. It can endanger your health and make you retire your piercing even if you don’t want to. Therefore, it’s very important to have a properly placed nipple piercing. The best way to ensure that is to get pierced by a professional. It means that your chosen piercer has to be experienced with nipple piercings and know how to make a placement that will work the best for you.
Generally speaking, nipple piercing is placed at the base of the erect part of the nipple. It is very important for your piercer to pierce the exact spot where the nipple meets areola. It’s different for every person so this is why nipple piercings will vary a bit for everyone.
It is crucial to pierce only the nipple and not areola. Areola has a fatty tissue and it should not be touched or else you can experience problems. In some extreme cases it can even lead to mastitis. You don’t want this to happen to you so make sure to choose a piercer who knows what they’re doing.
Another thing to keep in mind is that nipple piercing can be oriented in many different ways. The most common placement is horizontal, but you may get a vertical nipple piercing, a diagonal nipple piercing. You can have your nipple piercing oriented in any way you wish.
Things to Keep In Mind
There are some things to keep in mind when it comes to nipple piercing placement:
- Almost any nipple can be pierced, but in order to be sure, ask your piercer for advice.
- Some things to consider when deciding on placement for nipple piercings is the length of jewelry and the shape of your nipples. These things are individual and nipples vary a lot among people.
- In order to get a properly placed nipple piercing, your nipples have to be erect. It’s difficult to judge the best placement if your nipples are completely flat when they are not erect. Let your piercer know about this before the procedure so they can judge properly on how to place your nipple piercing.
- It’s vital that the balls of the jewelry don’t press areolas. It can lead to redness, swelling and infections. Not to mention it’s very uncomfortable.
- Keep in mind that everyone is unique and there are no two unique nipples. Even your own nipples tend to vary slightly, which will influence the placement.
- Improper placement is not just dangerous but it also makes your nipples look bad. It’s just not aesthetically pleasing and jewelry will not sit properly.
- When doing a proper placement, it’s also vital to choose good jewelry. It has to be made of body-friendly materials and of appropriate size or else you risk numerous problems, such as migration, rejection, infection and other issues.
- The placement depends on the shape and size of your nipples. More defined nipples tend to pierce a smaller piece of tissue. Flat nipples require more tissue to be pierced.
- Nipple piercing for men will often extend to areola, but if done properly, this is not a problem.
- Typical jewelry worn in nipple piercing is straight barbell, Captive Bead Ring (or another type of a ring) and circular barbells. You piercer will need to determine the proper length of each jewelry piece to ensure the proper placement and correct procedure.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.