Nipple piercing is among the most popular piercings in the world.
While it was once considered alternative and unusual, it’s getting more and more mainstream acceptance these days.
It’s therefore not surprising that there are so many people who wish to get this piercing, and many of these people are men.
Men and Nipple Piercings
While some people think nipple piercings are mostly for women or that they suit women better, the truth is that both men and women can have a nipple piercing without a problem. Sure, there are differences in sizes of the nipple (and often, the nipple’s position), but other than that, a female nipple piercing and a male nipple piercing are very similar to each other.
The placement is made in the same way, at the base of the nipple. It’s important not to get pierced the areola, since it can lead to complications (though not necessarily).
Even the jewelry is basically the same. Most men with nipple piercings, just like women with nipple piercings, wear straight barbells in their piercing. However, some men prefer to wear Captive Bead Rings instead. This is very similar to the way women choose to wear their nipple jewelry. The main difference is that male jewelry will typically be less ornamented. Also, women tend to wear nipple shields more than men, but this is not the rule.
Other than this, male nipple piercings are basically the same as female nipple piercings.
Male Nipple Piercing Info
Here are some important things you need to know about male nipple piercings:
- The piercing is typically performed in gauge 14 and up. Many men can best accommodate 14 gauge nipple piercing, though some men can use gauge 12 if their nipples are large enough.
- Typical healing time for male nipple piercing is 4 to 6 months.
- Nipple piercing will make the nipple more erect, slightly larger and more sensitive.
- Just like female nipple piercing, it’s important not to make the piercing too deep into the areola. It prolongs the healing time and increases the risk of infections and other problems.
- Too shallow piercings have an increased risk of migration and rejection. This is why a nipple piercing should never be done near the tip of the nipple.
- Men can successfully stretch their nipples or wear heavier jewelry pieces in their nipple piercing without a problem.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.