It is undeniable that penis plugs are among the most popular urethral toys you can get. There are so many different penis plugs you can use, from hollow to textured ones. You can also enjoy penis plugs with glans rings. With so many different designs, shapes and sizes, it is possible to choose just the right toy for your needs. However, there is another thing you need to consider: the material. While metal penis plugs are the most popular, there are also excellent silicone penis plugs you can try. This is why it’s important to know which ones are the best for your needs. Metal vs silicone penis plug? It is on you to decide which ones you like better.
Metal vs Silicone Penis Plug: Which is Better?
Metal vs silicone penis plug: it is important to understand what both materials can do for you. In order to decide which urethral toys you like better, it is important to know that main benefits and drawbacks of both types.
Metal Penis Plugs
Metal penis plugs are the most popular of all penis plugs you can use. They are sturdy, durable and can provide intense sensations. Here are the most important characteristics of these urethral toys:
Benefits of metal penis plugs include:
- Intensity. Perhaps the most important thing about metal penis plugs is that they are intense. They can rub against all the right spots and make you cum over and over again.
- Different textures. There are plugs with heavy textures that increase the sensation during use.
- It is possible to sterilize metal toys in boiling water or even in an autoclave. This makes metal penis plugs safe and prevents urinary tract infections.
- Smooth material. The material is very smooth, which makes the insertion and use easier.
- Durability. Surgical Steel penis plugs are durable. You will be able to use them over and over again.
- Glans rings. Many metal penis plugs come with a glans ring that keep the ring in place and provide additional stimulation during use.
Drawbacks of metal penis plugs include:
- Too much intensity. While intensity can be a great thing, it is not necessarily good for beginners who wish to try urethral play for the first time. This is why some metal penis plugs can be a bit heavy or uncomfortable for newbies. Luckily, there are many metal penis plugs that are ideal for beginners.
- Easy slippage. It is sometimes difficult to keep a penis plug in place. Some metal penis plugs tend to move slightly out of the pee hole.
- Discomfort. While the smoothness of metal penis plugs ensures a comfortable experience, it is important to note that these toys are heavy and might cause some discomfort when they are inside.
- Risk of injuries. While this risk is low for properly designed toys, it is important to note that metal penis plugs are heavy and might cause injuries if you are not careful.
Silicone Penis Plugs
Silicone penis plugs are flexible and great for those who want to try urethral play for the first time. They provide a nice alternative to metal penis plugs and can provide lighter sensations for those who are into it. Here are the main characteristics of silicone penis plugs:
Here are the main benefits of silicone penis plugs:
- Comfort. Silicone penis plugs are soft enough to be perfectly comfortable. This is ideal for beginner users who need gentle toys to start exploring urethral play.
- Flexibility. Silicone penis plugs are flexible, which makes it easy to ensure a perfect fit.
- Good for beginners. These penis plugs are great for beginners who wish to try urethral stimulation for the first time. Silicone penis plugs are not intimidating, so they are ideal for those who don’t like intense toys.
- Sterilization. It is possible to properly clean your silicone penis plugs. These toys are non-porous so they are safe to use.
Here are the main drawbacks of silicone penis plugs:
- Too light. Silicone penis plugs are too light so they cannot produce intense sensations. This may be a limiting factor for experienced users who need more intensity.
- Potential problems for insertion. While it is not difficult to insert silicone penis plugs, they are not as smooth as the metal ones. This is why it might sometimes be a problem to insert them properly. The fact they are not as heavy as metal penis plugs makes them more difficult to properly sink inside of the urethral hole.
- Not enough textures. There are excellent silicone penis plugs with a texture but this texture can never be as strong or heavy as the ones on metal penis plugs.
- Not durable. Silicone penis plugs are not very durable if you compare them with metal ones. While they can last for a decent amount of time they are less durable than metal penis plugs.
Metal vs Silicone Penis Plug: The Verdict
Which penis plugs are better? As you can see, both metal and silicone toys have their benefits and drawbacks. It is important to understand that both metal and silicone penis plugs are excellent toys. You choice of the material will generally depend on your needs.
For example, if you are a beginner who want to try urethral play for the first time, you may use silicone toys. The same goes for those who want super-flexible urethral toys. On the other hand, if you are looking for intensity and sturdiness, it is best to go for metal penis plugs.
Remember: both metal and silicone penis plugs can provide so much pleasure. It just depends on the kind of sensations you want to experience. Choose a penis plug according to your needs to have the best time.
Craig Rutledge is a staff writer for TheChainGang. His main interests include sex toys for men, particularly urethral sounds and ball stretchers. He is also a proud owner of numerous body piercings. He says: “I am happy to contribute with my experience and knowledge about various penis toys and stretching devices. There is still so much unknown about things like urethral sounding, ball stretching or male chastity and it needs to change. I will share my experience and advice in order to help men, young and old, to discover these toys and have the best fun”. In addition to writing, Craig also answers questions and provides handy advice for people learning more about extreme sex toys for men.