Many people who like anal toys are particularly excited about butt plugs. After all, butt plugs are known to be amazing anal toys. They are so popular that many people consider them to be the “default” anal toys. Since butt plugs are so popular it is not surprising they are manufactured in so many different materials. Anal plugs are made of rubber, silicone, metal, glass and many other materials. When choosing the best butt plug for you, in addition to the design, size and other characteristics, don’t forget to think about materials, too. This is an important thing to keep in mind because different materials produce different results. Also, some materials may be less recommended than the other ones, so this is something to keep in mind.
Silicone Butt Plugs
Out of the all soft butt plug materials, silicone seems like the safest and most comfortable option. These anal plugs are made to be comfortable and safe to use, so they are great for those who wish to use soft butt plugs. Silicone is a much better option than other soft materials, such as rubber.
Silicone is a great choice for those who want softer, very comfortable butt plugs. They are a good choice for beginners who wish to try anal toys for the first time. One thing to remember, though, is that silicone butt plugs should not be used with silicone lubricant. The same goes for any other toy type, for that matter.
Metal Butt Plugs
Metal butt plugs are great for those who want sturdy anal toys and a more intense experience. Metal anal plugs are smooth and surprisingly comfortable, considering they are made of such a sturdy material. Most of the experienced users prefer metal butt plugs, but it is important to note that even beginners can use them to experiment with anal stimulation.
When choosing a metal butt plug, keep in mind that there are many different metals, and not all of them are equally safe. Generally speaking, high-quality anal plugs are made of safe metals, such as 316 LVM Surgical Steel. This is a good material because it ensures safety and a great experience.
Metal vs Silicone Butt Plugs: The Verdict
So, metal vs silicone butt plugs? Which ones are better? The answer will generally depend on your needs and preferences, but there are some things to keep in mind.
- Silicone butt plugs are soft, while metal ones are sturdy. As such, silicone butt plugs are better for those looking for softer anal toys.
- Metal butt plugs tend to be more intense than the silicone ones. Of course, a lot depends on the size, but this is something to keep in mind.
- Metal butt plugs are smoother than the silicone ones. While there are smooth silicone plugs, keep in mind that metal ones are generally smoother.
- Silicone plugs are often seen as great for beginners. However, metal butt plugs are surprisingly comfortable so even beginners can use them.
- Metal butt plugs can be sterilized. This is a good advantage to metal butt plugs and other metal toys: they can be properly sterilized, which is not true for silicone toys. It increases safety of metal anal toys, which is something to keep in mind.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.