Butt plugs are among the most popular sex toys in the world. Both men and women can use them to enhance their pleasure and to have some nice anal stimulation. Butt plugs are excellent anal toys that come in many different shapes, sizes and materials so it’s easy to find the one that suits your needs perfectly.
Inserting a Butt Plug
The main thing you need to worry about when starting to use butt plugs is to choose the right toy for your needs. Your chosen beginners’ butt plug needs to be small and comfortable enough. This is the only way to avoid overstretching and potential injuries. Also, you need to use plenty of lube and to go slowly.
There is no particular technique about inserting butt plugs for the first time. The best advice is to relax, apply plenty of lube and slowly start teasing your anus with the tip of the toy. Apply slight pressure – you should never force a butt plug inside! This should be done slowly and gently.
If it helps, make sure you are sexually aroused. You can masturbate (stroke your penis or massage your clitoris), or you may try teasing your anus with your fingers first. If you choose to insert fingers into the anus make sure they are clean. After this, do not insert fingers anywhere else before they are clean again!
Once your anus is relaxed and ready, you can start inserting the plug. Don’t worry if you manage to put only the tip inside – just stop when it feels “too much” and try again later. Reapply lube if necessary. It is important to go slowly and with care, so make sure never to use force. This is the only way to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
How to Start Using Butt Plugs: Tips
It is not difficult to start using butt plugs, if this is something you are interested in. Here are some tips on how to do it right:
- Choose a good beginners’ butt plug. Do not jump to huge anal plugs straight away. Opt for a smaller toy that is really comfortable.
- Some people prefer to start with silicone butt plugs while others use metal ones right from the start. While metal butt plugs are more intense and sturdy, keep in mind that a high-quality metal butt plug is very comfortable. Even beginners can use them.
- It is best if your beginner butt plug is relatively small, with a tapered tip and smooth exterior. This is the best combination for a comfortable experience. Save ribbed, huge or rounder butt plugs for later when you gain more experience.
- Don’t forget about the lube. Lubricants are very important for a smooth, comfortable experience. Since the anus doesn’t have its own natural lubrication, it is absolutely essential to use some anal lube. A good choice of lube is the one that lasts for long periods of time but is gentle to your body. When using lubrication, make sure to apply generous amount to both the butt plug and your anus. Also, don’t lube just the tip of the plug: you need to add lube to the whole shaft.
- Remember: butt plugs should not hurt! If, at any point, you experience pain, discomfort, bleeding or other problems, make sure to remove your butt plug immediately. If the problems persist, consult your doctor straight away. You need to stay safe during all forms of sexual activities, and this includes the use of sex toys.
How to know that My Choice is Right?
When deciding how to start using butt plugs, it is not always easy to know if you are doing it right. Some butt plugs may look good but are they truly suitable for your needs? Maybe you want to follow the above instructions but is there a way to be certain that you are making the right choice?
The best way to know is to listen to your body. This is the only way to tell is a particular butt plug is the right one for you or not. There are many excellent anal plugs or other toys that are simply not the best ones for us. Each person is an individual so the goal is to find a toy that will suit you perfectly.
Luckily, there are many different types of butt plugs out there that you will be able to find the right one for your needs. When in doubt, start smaller and build your way up from there. Never force your body to accommodate any toy – you need to go slowly and gently. This is the only way to enjoy your butt plugs and other toys you wish to use.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.