In terms of urethral stimulation, false passage is any unnatural passage through the urethra. It is a form of injury and it requires medical attention.
If you engage in urethral play you need to understand the risks behind the creation of false passages and how to stay safe during your urethral play.
What is a False Passage?
The urethra is a natural passage in the body: it starts with the bladder and it goes all the way to the urethral opening. For men, the urethra goes from bladder, through prostate and all the way up the penis. It ends on the penis tip.
Unlike this natural passage, a false passage is any unnatural passage created in the urethra. In other words, instead of inserting a toy in the urethra, a person ends up puncturing the urethra and creating a false passage into the body. In other words, it means puncturing your urethral wall and pushing the toy through the wound instead of going into the urethra itself.
This leads to tearing of the urethral tissue, bleeding and many other problems. False passages are very painful and dangerous if not treated. For this reason, it is vital to understand what you’re doing during urethral stimulation. Keep in mind that false passages are most commonly created with toys, typically with unskilled toy use.
This is a serious conditions that has to be treated by your doctor, so you need to seek medical attention immediately if you experience sharp pain during urethral sounding or if you notice blood. It’s vital to seek medical attention immediately in case this happens. Do not treat this condition lightly: this is a serious medical issue that requires immediate attention from your doctor.
Another problem with false passages is that they can lead to strictures. A stricture makes your urethral passage narrower, which in turn makes urination difficult and painful. A stricture can occur after a trauma, with the creation of scar tissue. In other words, false passages can lead to the creation of the scar tissue and strictures.
In order to prevent these problems, it’s important to prevent the creation of false passages. This is why it’s vital to approach urethral play with knowledge and patience. Also, make sure to consult a kink-friendly doctor before you attempt any form of urethral stimulation. This is important for ensuring your safety and minimizing the risks of false passages.
How to Prevent False Passages: Tips
The most important tips on how to prevent false passages from happening are:
- Do not use very thin urethral toys
- Use shorter and smoother urethral toys
- Go slowly
- Use a lot of lube
- Be experienced
While mistakes do happen, it is important to do all you can to ensure your safety. False passages are very painful and dangerous, so you need to do all you can to prevent them.
Let’s take a look at the common tips for preventing false passages in more detail.
- Do not use very thin urethral toys. Thin urethral toys are a recipe for trouble, since they are more difficult to control. Also, they can easily slip inside the penis and create a lot of damage if you are not careful. They also tend to be sharper than thicker urethral toys, which makes the whole experience very risky. As a general rule, thin urethral toys should be used only by the most experienced users. If you are only starting out or if you want to be on the safe side at all times, make sure never to use too thin urethral toys. How do you know a toy is too thin? It will be thinner than your urethra and thus very easy to slip inside. While toys should never be too thick to cause painful stretching and discomfort, be aware of the thin toys! Ideally, a toy should be of the same diameter as your urethra, so it can fit perfectly inside it. Do not use thin toys to stay safe and prevent the creation of false passages during sounding!
- Use shorter and smoother toys. While it’s not a general rule, shorter and smoother toys can help with prevention of false passages. Shorter toys do not reach so deep into the urethra, which makes them easier to control. Also, this part of the urethra is mostly straight, so it makes it easier to move the toy without causing trouble. Smooth toys, on the other hand, provide comfort and security. These toys don’t have raised texture that could irritate and damage the walls of the urethra, thus minimizing the risk of false passages and other problems.
- Go slowly. The only way to stay safe is to be careful during sounding. While it’s understandable that you might get aroused and lost in the moment, it is crucial to go slowly and to be aware of what you’re doing at all times. This is particularly important if you are a beginner user.
- Use a lot of lube. This should be a rule for any urethral play. It is important to have lube at hand and to apply it generously. This is the best way to ensure comfort and a smooth experience. Make sure to apply lube both on the toy and on the tip of your penis, aiming at the urethra. If the toy is longer, do not hesitate to lube the whole shaft. Never lube just the tip: any toy should have lube on the first 3-4 inches at least.
- Be experienced. This is easier said than done, but it’s very important. In order to minimize the risk of creating false passages, you need to know what you’re doing. Which means you need to have some experience. The only way to gain this experience is to go slowly and practice carefully. Also, a good way to start sounding might be with a more experienced partner who knows how to perform urethral stimulation safely and without problems.
Craig Rutledge is a staff writer for TheChainGang. His main interests include sex toys for men, particularly urethral sounds and ball stretchers. He is also a proud owner of numerous body piercings. He says: “I am happy to contribute with my experience and knowledge about various penis toys and stretching devices. There is still so much unknown about things like urethral sounding, ball stretching or male chastity and it needs to change. I will share my experience and advice in order to help men, young and old, to discover these toys and have the best fun”. In addition to writing, Craig also answers questions and provides handy advice for people learning more about extreme sex toys for men.