A Hafada piercing is a male genital piercing done on the scrotum. It can be done anywhere on the surface of the scrotum, but it’s important to note that the piercing itself includes only skin and not the tissue itself. In short, a Hafada piercing is a surface piercing. It should never penetrate deep into the scrotum.
Those who wish to have piercings deep into scrotum should opt for transscrotal procedures. These are completely different piercing types and they typically include the scrotum tissue. Hafada piercing, on the other hand, involves only the scrotum skin.
Hafada is done relatively easily since it includes only skin on the surface of the scrotum. The only thing the piercer and the client should agree about is the placement. Hafada can be placed almost anywhere on the scrotum.
Since the skin on the scrotum is loose and flexible, Hafada piercings are prone to migration, rejection and other problems associated with surface piercings.
Also, many men choose to get multiple Hafada piercings so they can wear multiple jewelry pieces on their scrotum. These multiple Hafadas are sometimes made as an extension of a frenum ladder piercing. Multiple Hafada piercings can make a very effective scrotal ladder.
Typical jewelry for a Hafada piercing is a Captive Bead Ring, a Curved Barbell or a Straight Barbell. When choosing your jewelry, it’s important to pick jewelry type that is the most comfortable and aesthetically pleasing for you.
- Hafada piercing is relatively painless because the skin is very elastic. The procedure is fast and doesn’t bring much discomfort.
- Keep in mind that a Hafada piercing can easily be irritated, due to the placement. Lack of ventilation can make the piercing difficult to heal.
- When choosing a placement for a Hafada piercing, it’s important not to hurt the tissue under the skin in any way. It can be dangerous and lead to numerous problems.
- The minimum gauge to be pierced with is 12. Smaller gauges are not recommended, and larger gauges are common with Hafada piercing.
- Hafada piercings can be done both horizontally and vertically on the scrotum.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.