There are many people who are fans of piercings but do not like genital piercings. On the other hand, there are many people who adore these types of intimate piercings.
One might wonder why someone might want to get a genital piercing, especially since these piercings are known to be painful.
While it’s true genital piercings are among the most extreme and painful piercing types, there is usually a great payoff: many of the genital piercings enhance sexual pleasure. This is a great reason to get a genital piercing: increasing arousal for both you and your partner is a great thing.
In other words, genital piercings are largely functional piercings, that is, they have a purpose beyond aesthetic function. However, this is not the only reason why someone might get a genital piercing. Some genital piercings do look good, so aesthetic is one of the main reasons to try one of these piercings.
Aesthetic or Pleasure?
You may wonder how to tell a difference between a purely aesthetic genital piercing and the one that brings pleasure. This may be an important factor when deciding which type of piercing to get. While there are not straight and universal answers that will suit everyone, it’s important to know which piercings are known to bring pleasure – and in what way.
Keep in mind: different genital piercings are made to stimulate different erogenous zones. Some will benefit the wearer’s partner only, while the others are made to increase pleasure for both partners.
Piercings and Erogenous Zones
Here are some common genital piercings and erogenous zones they are made to stimulate:
- Penis head stimulation: Prince Albert, Reverse Prince Albert, Apadravya and Ampallang. All of these male genital piercings are great for glans stimulation and can increase pleasure for the wearer.
- G-spot stimulation: Apadravya is the best piercing for this purpose. Other good piercings that can be used for G-spot stimulation are Prince Albert (PA) and Reverse Prince Albert. Ampallang can be pleasurable in some cases but it’s known to be too intense during vaginal stimulation.
- Prostate stimulation (P-spot stimulation): Ampallang is known to be a great piercing for anal stimulation. It can also be used for prostate stimulation. Another good piercing for prostate stimulation is regular PA (reverse PA may also work but it may prove to be too intense for some users).
- Clitoral Stimulation: Vertical Clitoral Hood Piercing (VCH), Triangle piercing. These two are known to enhance the pleasure for a woman. Horizontal Clitoral Hood Piercing (HCH), on the other hand, is more aesthetic than practical. True Clitoral Piercing may also enhance pleasure for some women but it’s often known as too intense for most people.
- Added stimulation during intercourse: Some genital piercings can provide added stimulation during intercourse, even if they are not fully effective at enhancing pleasure on their own. For example, inner labia piercings can increase pleasure during initial stages of penetration for both men and women.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.