Glans rings are often overlooked sex toys but they can bring so much pleasure. Lesser known than the more popular shaft ring, glans rings are specially designed to stimulate the head of the penis. In many ways, they are identical to classic cock rings you wear around the base of the penis. However, the size is not always the same. This is why you need to be very careful when ordering the right size for yourself. Also, you need to know how to position your glans ring properly for the maximum effect. Fitting a glans ring is not difficult but you need to practice a little to get it right.
The first step in fitting a glans ring is to get the ring that fits you. It is absolutely necessary to wear only cock rings that fit you perfectly. It means that you need to find the best size for yourself. Sometimes, the size of the regular cock ring will also fit you as a glans ring. After all, many penis rings can double as glans rings. However, this is not always the case so you need to be careful.
Before you order a glans ring, you need to measure yourself carefully. Here are some tips on how to do it properly:
Again, keep in mind that your size for a regular cock ring might not be the same as the size for your glans ring. Another thing to remember is that proper measurement is just one thing when it comes to fitting a glans ring. You also need to know how to position it properly.
Generally speaking, glans rings are fitted around the lower edge of the penis head, where the glans meets the shaft. The exact placement will vary between people so it’s important to experiment a little and find your “sweet spot”. The goal is to find the placement that is the most comfortable and arousing. It might take some time to find the best one but once you do, the fun begins.
Fitting a Glans Ring: Tips
Here are some quick tips for fitting a glans ring:
- Lube is your help. Always use generous amount of lube for positioning your glans ring (or a regular cock ring). It will make the process so much easier and it will provide more comfort.
- Lube also makes the ring simply slip onto your penis and into the right place. If you are struggling to find the best placement for your glans ring, use lube to guide you. It makes it much easier to find the most comfortable spot.
- The general idea is to position your ring just behind the glans, under the corona. The corona will prevent the ring from slipping out once you are erect.
- Needless to say, you should try fitting a glans ring when you are flaccid. It becomes difficult or even impossible to do that when erect. Also, doing it while you have an erection may prove to be dangerous, so that’s another reason who putting your glans ring on when you are flaccid.
- The same goes for taking your glans ring off: do it when you are flaccid. Wait until your erection is gone. The only exception to this rule is in the case of an emergency.
- If there is an emergency, you need to take your glans ring off immediately, even if you are erect. To make it easier, add generous amount of lube to make the ring slip off. If you have any problems with it, make sure to see medical help immediately.
- Just like regular cock rings, glans rings cannot stay on for too long. You need to take them off after a while to prevent injuries and other problems. Glans rings constrict the blood flow, too, even though you may not feel it in the same way as with a regular cock ring. However, they provide tightness so you need to take them off after 30 minutes or so to prevent problems.
- Unlike regular cock rings, glans rings don’t enhance erections. However, they will make your penis head harder, bigger and more sensitive so they provide a lot of pleasurable sensations.
Steve “Holes” Armstong is a staff writer and researcher for TheChainGang. He is a long-term piercing enthusiast who is never tired of discovering new body modifications. In addition to this, he also likes to spend his time experimenting with new ways to find pleasure, which makes him a perfect person to discuss unusual adult toys. He says: “I love piercings and I can’t get enough of them. There is something special about body modifications and altering your looks… Even if it’s just below the belt! I am happy to share my knowledge of extreme piercings and lesser-known sex toys, made for both men and women”. In addition to writing, Steve is also a researcher, always on a lookout for new and exciting things.