Your first time trying urethral insert might be tricky. Some men find it difficult to insert urethral toys for the first time. Being nervous and inexperienced doesn’t help. However, this doesn’t mean that you need to worry.
As long as you go slowly and follow all the safety guidelines, chances are that you will be ok. All you need is some patience. Remember, urethral insertion can’t happen without any effort on your part.
How to Start?
The best way to start using urethral toys is to find a day when you have plenty of time alone (or with a partner, if this is your preference for sounding). You will also need a good beginners’ urethral toy and some lube. Make sure to read a lot about urethral play, urethral toys and urethral stimulation to know what it’s all about. Of course, you can’t learn the technique by reading about it but you can learn a lot about good urethral toys and how to stay safe.
If you wish some concrete advice beforehand, it is advisable to pay a visit to a kink-friendly doctor. Your doctor can give you advice on how to stay safe during urethral play, which is crucial.
Once you learn about all the safety measures and the best urethral toys you can use, it is time to prepare for your first time trying urethral insert. Make sure to have plenty of relaxing time to dedicate to this. It is simply not something you can do “on the go”. Also, before you start, make sure to sterilize and clean your urethral toys. It is vital to always clean your toys properly before and after use.
Once you are ready, simply relax and start playing with your penis. Many men find it easier to watch some porn and masturbate in their usual way first, to build the arousal. Once you feel you are ready, apply a generous amount of lube on your toy and the tip of your penis. After this, you are ready to start trying to insert the urethral toy inside your penis.
Some people find this to be easy. Most men, however, need to practice. The process of inserting the toy for the first time is not always easy, but it doesn’t mean that you should give up. With plenty of time and patience chances are that you will be able to insert the toy eventually. Just keep in mind that this should not be rushed out: be calm, go slowly and be careful not to hurt your body. If you ever feel tired or uncomfortable, take a break and try again later when you give your body some time to recover.
First Time Trying Urethral Insert: Tips
Here are some tips for first time trying urethral insert. This may not be true for all men but it is something that the majorities of people face and need help with:
- Think of your first time urethral sounding as a process and not an event. In other words, it might not happen straight away or in one session. It might take several days or even more. This is ok.
- There is no one “right” time to perform urethral insertion. Some men manage to get the urethral toy in quicker than the others. We are all individuals so what might work for one person might not work for the other. That is ok, too.
- Always use plenty of lube. Don’t forget to re-lube periodically. Whenever you feel discomfort or soreness, apply more lube.
- Make sure to choose a good toy for a beginner. Ideally, it should be short, smooth and not too thick (but also not too thin, either). It should be about the same diameter as your urethra. Since you might not know the diameter of your urethra before you try sounding for the first time, it is important to start experimenting slowly to see if you have a toy of the right diameter. If you feel that the toy tries to over-stretch you too much or that it is too thin, make sure to switch to a different one. Keep in mind that you need to keep your safety at all times during urethral play.
- Remember: urethral stimulation should not bring pain and discomfort. It might be a bit uncomfortable at first, but you should never be in real pain. If you ever feel pain, prolonged discomfort, swelling, bleeding and other problems, make sure to seek medical help immediately.
Steve “Holes” Armstong is a staff writer and researcher for TheChainGang. He is a long-term piercing enthusiast who is never tired of discovering new body modifications. In addition to this, he also likes to spend his time experimenting with new ways to find pleasure, which makes him a perfect person to discuss unusual adult toys. He says: “I love piercings and I can’t get enough of them. There is something special about body modifications and altering your looks… Even if it’s just below the belt! I am happy to share my knowledge of extreme piercings and lesser-known sex toys, made for both men and women”. In addition to writing, Steve is also a researcher, always on a lookout for new and exciting things.