Female genital jewelry comes in many styles and sizes so it’s possible to choose just the right one for your needs. However, it sometimes proves to be less enjoyable than you want. What if female genital jewelry is uncomfortable? Is there something you can do to make the experience better?
Female Genital Jewelry: Problems
Uncomfortable jewelry is one of the most common problems with all piercings. It is particularly bad for genital piercings because they are located at such sensitive body parts. This is why it’s important that your female genital jewelry is comfortable and safe for your body. You should never wear something that is hurting your lady parts.
Remember, your genital piercings should not cause pain or discomfort. On the contrary, they are there to enhance the experience. Even the non-functional genital piercings should be easy to wear and should not cause discomfort.
Help! My Female Genital Jewelry is Uncomfortable
If you find your female genital jewelry uncomfortable, there are some things you can do to make it better. Here are some tips on what to do if your jewelry causes trouble:
- Make sure that you wear safe body jewelry. Genital area is very sensitive so you need to use only high-quality jewelry that is safe for your body. No cheap rings you can get at a mall kiosk. Make sure that the material is safe and that your female genital jewelry is crafted properly.
- Try a different size. Sometimes, a ring is simply too big or a bar is too long. If this is the issue, you may try switching to a smaller jewelry piece. Keep in mind that “size” doesn’t refer to the gauge. The gauge needs to be the same as the size of the piercing hole or else the jewelry won’t fit.
- Try a different jewelry type. If your female genital piercing can accommodate more than one jewelry style, try switching to a different one. For example, if you currently have a ring, try using a barbell or another jewelry piece that is good for your piercing type. It might make a lot of difference.
- Don’t wear too tight underwear. Sexy, tight underwear is great but it might not be the best choice when you have female genital jewelry. Of course you can wear sexy underwear but try switching to something else in everyday situations. Make sure that your underwear is not too tight so the jewelry won’t get snagged on it.
- Book a consultation with your piercer. If nothing else works, book a consultation with your piercer and explain your problem. Your piercer can give you an advice on what to do about your genital jewelry and what is the best jewelry style to use for your piercing.
Donna Carlson is a staff writer for TheChainGang. She combines her love for body piercings with adult fun, such as sex toys, BDSM and other forms of pleasure. She says: “Piercings and sex toys often complement each other in the most sensual ways. I am happy to help you discover new ways to pleasure yourself and your partner. With a bit of practice, anyone can learn how to enhance their love life. And with a bit of courage, anyone can enjoy body piercings”. In addition to intimate piercings and adult toys, Donna also writes about body jewelry and other piercing adornments.