“Earl” is a popular name for nose bridge piercing. This unique piercing type is intriguing and many people decide to get it. While it’s still not among the most common facial piercings, Earl is sure popular among certain piercing enthusiasts.
About the Piercing
The nose bridge piercing is known under several names. You might know it as “Earl” piercing or “Erl” piercing. These names come from the first person ever to receive this piercing: Erl van Aken. However, most people decide to call this piercing simply “bridge”.
Earl piercing is a surface facial piercing performed through the skin on the bridge of the nose. The most common placement is between the eyes of the wearer, though some variations of the placement are possible.
There is no specialized jewelry made for Earl piercing alone. This means that you will have to wear multifunctional jewelry types suitable for this piercing.
Typically, the best jewelry for bridge piercings are straight and curved barbells. They are simple, practical and very comfortable. It’s particularly important to wear them as the initial jewelry, right after you get your nose bridge piercing.
After your piercing is healed, you may also try some other piercing types, such as rings. Captive Bead Rings and Seamless Rings seem to be great for this type of piercing. The most comfortable variant is a D-ring because it rests comfortably against the skin.
Rings are great jewelry pieces for a bridge piercing because they can reduce the risk of migration and rejection.
- In order to get a bridge piercing, you have to have enough flesh on the bridge of your nose. If there is no enough skin to be pierced, you can’t get an Earl piercing. Luckily, most people have enough skin and can enjoy their bridge piercing to the fullest.
- You need to perform adequate aftercare on your piercing. Clean it at least twice per day with a saline solution or a suitable commercial cleaner.
- Healing time for this piercing is 4 to 8 weeks.
- Bridge piercings are usually done at 14 or 12 gauge, though other gauges are also possible.
- This piercing has a relatively high risk of rejection. Keep in mind that any nose bridge piercing is a surface piercing, and these always risk migration and rejection.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that bridge piercing can lead to scarring after jewelry is removed. This is something to think about if you ever decide to retire your bridge piercing.
- Basic bridge piercing is done horizontally. However, it’s also possible to get a vertical Earl piercing on the bridge of your nose.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.