Titanium is a great body jewelry material. It offers numerous advantages and it ensures that your jewelry is body-friendly, comfortable and enjoyable to wear. All reputable jewelry makers offer titanium body jewelry because they know many people enjoy this type of jewelry.
Titanium Keeps You Safe
Nickel allergies are a very serious problem that affects many people. This is why it’s important to always use only body-friendly and, preferably, medical-grade body jewelry for all your needs. Not just for piercings: even regular jewelry, such as necklaces, bracelets or watches should be nickel-free to avoid allergic reactions.
While titanium is not the only nickel-free material (medical-grade Surgical Steel is another good choice, or you may use nickel-free gold), titanium offers numerous advantages so it’s definitely a body material you wish to consider.
Titanium is a high-quality material with no alloys in it so you know you will always be safe with this type of jewelry.
In fact, titanium is such a great material that it’s highly recommended for initial jewelry pieces. When you get your piercing, it is very sensitive and it takes some time to heal. During this healing process, it’s important to wear only highest quality, medical-grade jewelry, and titanium is a perfect material for these needs.
Titanium is Lightweight
Titanium offers many additional benefits. For example, it is very lightweight for a metal. Unlike steel, which tends to be heavy, titanium is light and very comfortable to wear. While many people don’t mind heavy jewelry (some people even prefer big, heavy jewelry pieces), in case you are looking for something lighter, titanium is your friend.
Titanium is a hard and durable metal, but at the same time it is light enough to always stay comfortable. This is why it’s perfect for certain jewelry pieces and certain body parts where heavy jewelry would be uncomfortable.
Titanium is Colorful
In addition to all of the above, titanium also offers an additional advantage: it is available in many different colors.
Titanium can easily be anodized to create a wide range of colors, even multi-colored, rainbow jewelry pieces. This process is safe and doesn’t include harmful colors or simple color coverings – the metal itself acquires these different colors without affecting its quality.
It means that your colored jewelry stays perfectly body-friendly and safe even after acquiring all these bright colors. This is the best and safest way to get some colorful body jewelry and spice up your style without compromising your health.
Additional Tips and Information
- When looking for titanium jewelry, it’s best to go with the highest-quality, safe materials. It is best to look for medical-grade titanium jewelry. This titanium grade is recommended by the Association of Professional Piercers and it meets ASTM or ISO standards. One of the best titanium types is Grade 23 (6AL4V ELI F-136) implant grade titanium.
- Titanium jewelry weights only about 50%-60% of weight of the stainless steel.
- Titanium jewelry is less likely to react with body fluids, which is another significant advantage.
- Titanium is highly corrosion resistant material and it’s not magnetic.
- The basic color of titanium is dark-grey but of course it can be anodized to produce many different colors.
- The most common titanium colors are blue, purple, green, yellow and rainbow (multi-color).
- Some colors are not available. For example, titanium can’t be anodized to produce red or black jewelry.
- Titanium can be easily sterilized in an autoclave, so it can be kept clean and completely sanitary.
- It’s important to know that colored titanium pieces will probably fade over time. However, it is not dangerous and it won’t affect the quality or safety of titanium jewelry. Jewelry pieces won in the mouth (for tongue piercings, for example) tend to fade the fastest.
- To clean your titanium jewelry, use antibacterial soap and warm water. You may also use specialized cleaning products if they are suitable. Don’t use alcohol or harsh cleaners on your titanium jewelry.
- Titanium is a very tough material. In fact, it has the highest strength to weight ratio of all metals used for body jewelry.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.