Pre body piercing preparation is much easier than this tongue-twister-of-a-phrase. All it requires is a little bit of alertness, care and clear-cut know-how on part of the girl or guy deciding to take the pinch of the needle.
So what should you do to get your body piercing-ready? Follow the steps below and get all set for the sparkles 🙂
- Binging on alcohol is definitely a no no. Not even if the binge was 48 hours before the piercing appointment.
- Go to the piercing parlor well hydrated and avoid taking blood thinning medication or other such foods. That means aspirin, Advil or Aleve.
- Stop taking caffeine several days before the actual piercing happens. Take Vitamin K as much you can. It’s needed for optimal piercing.
- Get enough rest the night before your piercing appointment. Nervousness won’t really help you much.
- Personal hygiene needless to say will come in very handy in fighting off the undesired things that may come along with body jewelry like infection.
- Right before you’re on the chair/table; try some breathing and relaxing exercises and be acceptable to the situation and remember that it’s only going to take a few moments.
Have a snack, fruit or juice after the piercing is done. It will help maintain the blood sugar level and will relax you a bit.
Pre-piercing prep is area-specific too. That means it depends on what part of the body are you getting the piercing done. So oral piercing, eyebrow piercing, genital piercing each will have unique preparations before the piercing. However, the basic points above also remain valid for all sorts of piercings.
The owner and manager of The Chain Gang, Russ was the first licensed piercer in his county in Florida in 1994. He founded The Chain Gang all the way back in 1992. He was one of the first people in this business to understand the value and importance of Internet so the website soon followed. Russ is dedicated to the art of body piercing and the best quality body jewelry. As a licensed body piercer, Russ understands customers' needs and demands when it comes to high-quality, durable and stunning body jewelry. Russ says: "With body jewelry, quality is everything. The Chain Gang uses only the finest materials available. Safety and functionality are vital for all body jewelry so this is the standard I intend to keep for all the products offered by The Chain Gang. Of course, aesthetic is also important so I always take special care on choosing only the most stunning and functional body jewelry. The Chain Gang is dedicated to providing the best service to our customers and I am always ready to listen to all the comments, questions and requests and help people in their search for the perfect body jewelry they will enjoy".