Back Dimple piercing is a new form of piercing and it’s known under many names. Some people refer to it as “lower back” piercing, while the others call it “valley” piercing. It is even known as a “butt crack piercing”, depending on the placement.
Whatever you wish to call it, it’s undeniable this piercing is unique and something special. This is actually a surface piercing, so it’s prone to all of the usual problems other surface piercings can cause. One of the main problem is rejection, which makes back dimple piercing less permanent than many other piercing types. That being said, with a good care this piercing can last for a long time.
Back dimple piercing is typically done in pairs, but you may wish to have a single piercing or more than two piercings done at your lower back.
This unique piercing can have many different placements. The most common one is on the dimples on the lower back, right above the buttocks. This is a very effective placement and can be attractive if low cut jeans are worn.
Another common placement is closer to the cleft of the butt cheeks (hence the name “butt crack piercing”), though it’s typically placed above the buttocks and not between them.
There are many other placements for this piercing, and many different ways to organize pairs and groups of piercings. The only important thing is to locate the piercings on the lower back.
Back dimple piercing is a surface piercing and should be treated as such. There are several different ways to perform such a surface piercings. Your piercer may use one piercing needle, a pair of piercing needles, or punch and taper technique can be used. These techniques are similar to other types of surface piercings, especially corset piercings.
Your piercer should decide on the most appropriate method to use, though you may voice your preference. However, your piercer should have the last say in the matter, because a lot depends on our individual anatomy.
A typical jewelry for back dimple piercings is a surface bar. This is the most common jewelry for this type of surface piercing because it reduces the risk of rejection and other problems.
Additional Info and Tips
- While this piercing is not completely rare, it’s still unusual. It has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that it’s very unique, so you will sure stand out from the crowd if you decide to get one. The disadvantage is that it might be more difficult to find a piercer who is experienced in performing this type of piercing.
- The position of the piercing may make it difficult to clean. However, do not let that discourage you from performing adequate aftercare. It’s important to clean your new piercing regularly in order to avoid problems.
- Back dimple piercing is prone to migration and rejection. This area of body tends to scratch on clothes and moves, which increases the risk of migration and rejection.
- For the same reason, this piercing type might be difficult to heal properly.
- If you have a lower back tattoo you may use piercings to enhance the tattoo’s design.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.