The Ampallang is one of the most popular male genital piercings in the world. In a way, it works as the opposite of Apadravya. While Apadravya is a vertical penis piercing, Ampallang is a horizontal one. It goes horizontally all the way through the glans of the penis. It is a very striking piercing with a long history around the world.
The Ampallang is a functional piercing, which means it’s made to enhance sexual pleasure for the wearer and his partner. The wearer will enjoy the internal stimulation through penis tissue as the jewelry rubs on the inside of the penis. The partners will experience additional stimulation due to the thicker glans width.
Procedure and Placement
The Ampallang goes horizontally all the way through the glans of the penis. There are two main placements: transurethral (when it passes through the urethra) or non-transurethral (when the piercing and jewelry don’t go through urethra).
There are several health issues with the Ampallang piercing. First of all, an inadequate procedure can bring a lot of problems. One of the main risks during the procedure is the blood loss. It’s also vital to obtain a proper measurement for the jewelry or else the wearer risks infection, migration and rejection. This is something you will need to think about when deciding to get this type of piercing.
Also, keep in mind that Ampallang pierces a lot of tissue and therefore the procedure can be very painful.
You will also need to choose whether you want a transurethral placement or not. The choice is yours, but keep in mind that transurethral placement offers an advantage: the urine will keep this piercing clean. Also, transurethral Ampallangs are less likely to migrate.
Another possible advantage to transurethral Ampallang is that it pierces less tissue: urethra is a natural hole so it’s like having two shorter piercings done. It may make pain a bit less intense.
There are several different ways to perform this piercing: clamping method, freehand method and scalpelling method.
Before the procedure, the area will be cleaned and prepped. After this, your piercer will mark the spot and ask you to confirm the placement. If clamping method is used, the glans is clamped and the needle inserted through. After the piercing is performed the clamps are removed and jewelry is inserted. With a freehand method the piercer doesn’t use clamps but holds the glans firmly in one hand while piercing with the other. The scalpelling method is good for those who wish to get pierced at a larger gauge, for example, 4 gauge and up.
Keep in mind that it’s common and expectable for Ampallang piercing to bleed, sometimes even hours after the procedure. However, it’s important to ensure that bleeding is controlled. If you keep bleeding a lot for hours, consider contacting your doctor.
Typically, Ampallang is pierced with needles between gauge 12 and 8, but other possibilities ate possible.
The main jewelry type worn in an Ampallang piercing is a straight barbell. In fact, this is typically the only jewelry type you can wear with this piercing. A barbell has to be long enough to account for tissue expansion during erection.
At first, you will get an initial jewelry but it will be changed after the first stage of healing is done. Any jewelry worn in an Ampallang piercing has to be made of body-friendly materials because this is a very sensitive body part and you can’t risk any infections or other problems.
It’s vital to get a proper measurement for the jewelry or else the Ampallang will bring numerous problems. For adequate measurement, it’s important for penis to be erect. This is typically done in private by the customer himself. However, the piercing itself is always done on flaccid penis.
Keep in mind that for the best results, it’s better for the piercer to obtain this measurements. The piercer will know how to properly account for the angle and placement to get the right measurements.
Additional Info and Tips
- A typical Ampallang goes through the penis glans. There is also a special variant of this piercing, known as the Shaft Ampallang, which penetrates the shaft of the penis horizontally. It can be done at any point along the shaft’s length, so there are many different placements possible.
- It’s also possible to have a combination of an Apadravya and Ampallang. This penis piercing is known as the Magic Cross.
- The healing time for the Ampallang is typically 4 to 6 months. However, it can take a year or more to be fully healed.
- It’s important to know that this is a complex piercing so it’s vital to choose a knowledgeable piercer specialized in genital piercings. You simply can’t risk to visit an amateur for this one. It’s important that your chosen piercer knows what they’re doing.
- You will need to abstain from sex for at least 6 weeks. In some cases this period can last for months.
- While this piercing is partially made to enhance pleasure for the wearer’s partner keep in mind that it can be very uncomfortable for female partners during vaginal sex. Oral sex can also be uncomfortable due to the length of the jewelry.
- It is possible to stretch your Ampallang piercing, but you need to wait until it’s fully healed.
- If you have a transurethral Ampallang, keep in mind that it can divert the flow of urine. It may make you sit down to urinate.
- Keep in mind that this piercing always leaves a tube of scar tissue, even if jewelry is removed and piercing is healed.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.