While there are many stupid, unnecessary questions people ask their piercers, there are also some good questions you should be asking. These questions will help you make a decision about a piercing and allow you to inspect a piercing studio for safety and professionalism.
What to Ask?
Many people understand that researching a studio or a piercer is an important step you need to take before you get your piercing. However, not everybody knows what exactly to ask, or when.
Some people are very shy when it comes to asking questions, or they don’t remember what they want to ask. If this is a problem with you, keep in mind that piercers are there for you and it’s their job to answer all of your questions. In case someone seems too busy to answer your questions properly or to help you make a decision, simply go somewhere else. You deserve to be informed about every aspect of the piercing process.
In case you are one of those people who can think of great questions but forget them all when they enter a piercing studio, the best way to go is to simply write your questions down. There’s nothing wrong about it. Simply think of all the things you wish to ask your piercer and take this list with you to the piercing studio. This way, you will never forget to ask the essential questions.
Another problem may be that you don’t really know what to ask, or you ask questions that may not be the most important, but forget the vital ones. In this case, it’s important to keep in mind that the safety should always come first. Meaning, you need to be informed about all the aspects of the piercing process that will ensure your health and safety. It’s also vital to ask these questions before you get pierced and to also be informed about proper aftercare. This is the only way to ensure safety and not to endanger your health.
Essential Questions to Ask
Here is the list of top 10 questions to ask your body piercer:
1. How long have you been piercing? This is a vital question to ask. You need someone who knows what they’re doing.
2. Are you experienced with the type of piercing I am interested in? (Very important for all sorts of rare piercings or complicated piercings, such as male and female genital piercings).
3. What are the measures you take to ensure client safety and reduce health risks? This is one of the most important questions to ask. Your piercer should show you the studio and go through all the safety measures they take to minimize any health risk for customers.
4. Does the studio have an autoclave? All piercing studios have to have autoclave. They should also show you the latest test results proving that the autoclave is working properly.
5. How much do you charge for piercing? Ask them to give you the exact quote for the type of piercing you request. Ask if initial jewelry is included in the price or not. Also, don’t forget to ask if jewelry change is done free of charge. Sometimes, you will need to change your jewelry when the first swelling is gone, and it’s best to be done by a professional.
6. Can you describe the procedure for me? Ask for details. Your piercer should guide you through every step of the piercing process.
7. What kind of body jewelry do you use? This question should answer several concerns. Ask them about the exact materials they use. If they offer gold jewelry, ask them if their jewelry contains nickel.
9. What kind of cleaning products you recommend? Ask your piercer to tell you the type of cleaner you need to use. This should not be a brand recommendation; your piercer should tell you the type of solution best suited for your piercing. Usually, it’s a saline solution, but you need to make sure. Also, ask what kind of cleaning solutions are definitely not recommended.
10. How long is the healing time? Keep in mind that healing time is individual and will depend on your lifestyle. However, your piercer should be willing to give you an estimate.
Melina is a staff writer, author and researcher for TheChainGang. She covers numerous subjects, from body jewelry to kinky adult toys. In addition to this, Melina also provides occasional adult toy reviews written in an interesting and sexy manner. She says: “I’m happy and proud to be a part of TheChainGang team. I enjoy every research because I know how much importance TheChainGang places on customer satisfaction and providing accurate and up to date information. I particularly like sex toy reviews: they are fun to write and experience”. In addition to writing and researching, Melina provides online research results and handy information for buyers interested in accurate and easily understandable tips and advice on choosing the best adult toys and body jewelry.