From lips to navel to nostrils and even genitals, piercings are getting more and more popular by the day. A quick trip to the piercing studio and you can be the proud owner of a beautiful jewelry piece adding grace to the already gorgeous you!
Piercing aftercare is a much talked about thing, and thus, most of us are well versed in that area. Here, let us look at a very important pre-piercing preparation – picking the right piercing studio. There are many, many studios out there which ‘claim’ to be the best, but you cannot just go by a claim and you must conduct some research to find a studio which actually is the best (as close to best as possible at least!).
To look around and conduct surveys might seem like a tedious task, and it probably is too. But it is much better than just picking a studio at random at diving headlong into the valley of infections, scarring, and allergies.
Things to look for in a piercing studio
• It should be run by a well versed and reputed professional. Ask around and know which studio has a better reputation and employs well trained licensed professionals. There is no formal training required by law in some states, so be extra careful.
• A dimly lit studio, with the piercer’s work area crammed into a corner should always be avoided. Without proper lighting and ample space, the piercer will hardly be able to do his job right!
• Make sure that the piercing studio is clean, and it should smell like a hospital. This is probably the most important thing. An unhygienic place is a definite threat! Unhygienic surroundings, unhygienic equipment and an unhygienic piercer; could there be a better recipe for an infected piercing?
• A good and proud piercer never fails to flaunt his portfolio. Do go through it. This way you will be able to assess a lot of things about the piercer and the studio; his experience, style and success rate to name a few.
• Have a look at the studio’s jewelry selection. It should comprise of not just one type of jewelry and/or material. One type of metal does not suit everyone, and neither does one type of jewelry! So make sure there is a good selection of both at the place you pick. ( of course you can always purchase your jewelry from an online store that only sells quality pieces suitable for the initial piercings souch as TheChainGang.com )
Taking care of a fresh piercing is tricky enough, getting it from the wrong place will make it even worse. A one time effort from your side will ensure that your piercings stay healthy and the aftercare is not cumbersome. Then, when asked, you can always say that getting a piercing was actually one of the most pleasant experiences of your life!
At Body Jewelry by The Chain Gang we produce some of the very finest Quality Body Piercing Jewelry and Adult Toys in the Industry. We are also always happy to help you whenever we can. Just email us. Russ@TheChainGang.com www.TheChainGang.com