Many beginners are intrigued by this type of stimulation but some urethral sounds may seem too intimidating. Others are familiar with urethral stimulation but only when using penis plugs.
What to do when you wish to try urethral sounds for the first time?
Here are some useful tips:
Choosing the Best
Before you start, you will need some important things:
- Find an appropriate sound. This is the most important step. It’s crucial to choose a toy that fits your body perfectly. Beginners should start small and build their way up from there. Keep in mind that sounds are generally longer than penis plugs so if you’re used to plugs only it may take some adjustments before you are fully comfortable with your sound. A good sound for a beginner is a smaller, thinner one. It’s best to use a sound that’s not very ribbed because ribbed exterior makes the experience more intense. While this is a great thing for sexual enjoyment you might want to train your urethra first before moving to more demanding toys.
- Make sure it’s clean. Your toys have to be properly sanitized before you use them. Cleaning it with a bit of water is not enough. This is why metal urethral toys are the best: they are easy to sanitize. You can not only rub them with alcohol but you may also boil them after each use. Make sure to clean your sound properly before you start.
- Make sure you’re clean. Your toys are not the only thing involved in urethral play. It’s vital that you are clean, too. Make sure to sanitize your hands and clean your genitalia. If you wish to try urethral sounding with a partner, make sure that they are clean. Some people even like to use surgical gloves for extra protection (this is particularly popular in medical role-playing and using urethral sounds as medical toys).
- Use plenty of lube. Urethral stimulation is not possible without a generous amount of lube. Do not even attempt any sounding or another type of urethral stimulation without lube. Also, make sure that the lube is appropriate. It’s best to use sterile lube specially made for urethral and medical use.
Insert Your Sound
Once you’re ready, it’s time to insert your sound. Before you start, make sure that your urethra is wide enough to accommodate it. It you feel resistance or discomfort, stop immediately and move to a smaller sound. If you still experience pressure and pain, wait a little and choose smaller urethral toys. It’s important to train your urethra before you move to the more demanding toys.
Here are some tips on how to insert a sound properly:
- Start with lube. Apply a generous amount on the tip of your penis, particularly on the opening. Take your toy and apply a lot of lube to it, especially on the tip of the toy.
- Take your sound with one hand and place the tip on the penis opening. Keep in mind that many sounds require you to be flaccid in order to insert them. In general, inserting a sound into a flaccid penis is easier than an erect one.
- Press the toy gently into the opening and let it slide gently inside. You should not encounter resistance or pain, stop. You should never force a sound into the urethra.
- Let the sound settle on its own. It will stop at the deepest point of your urethra, or the deepest point your urethra can accommodate at the moment. Do not force it further in!
- Allow some time for your urethra to get used to the toy and accommodate it. You can add more lube if necessary.
- If you wish to go deeper, try changing the angle of penetration. Urethra has a natural bend at one point so changing the angle may help pushing the toy further. However, this should not be painful so if you encounter major resistance or discomfort, stop.
- Once the sound is comfortably inserted, you may start stimulating your penis to bring it to erection. You may even slide the toy in and out to enhance the experience. Experiment until you find out what works the best.