Pre body piercing preparation is much easier than this tongue-twister-of-a-phrase. All it requires is a little bit of alertness, care and clear-cut know-how on part of the girl or guy deciding to take the pinch of the needle.
So what should you do to get your body piercing-ready? Follow the steps below and get all set for the sparkles
- Binging on alcohol is definitely a no no. Not even if the binge was 48 hours before the piercing appointment.
- Go to the piercing parlor well hydrated and avoid taking blood thinning medication or other such foods. That means aspirin, Advil or Aleve.
- Stop taking caffeine several days before the actual piercing happens. Take Vitamin K as much you can. It’s needed for optimal piercing.
- Get enough rest the night before your piercing appointment. Nervousness won’t really help you much.
- Personal hygiene needless to say will come in very handy in fighting off the undesired things that may come along with body jewelry like infection.
- Right before you’re on the chair/table; try some breathing and relaxing exercises and be acceptable to the situation and remember that it’s only going to take a few moments.
Have a snack, fruit or juice after the piercing is done. It will help maintain the blood sugar level and will relax you a bit.
Pre-piercing prep is area-specific too. That means it depends on what part of the body are you getting the piercing done. So oral piercing, eyebrow piercing, genital piercing each will have unique preparations before the piercing. However, the basic points above also remain valid for all sorts of piercings.