While not the most popular genital piercing of them all, it has its fans.
Many women decide to get this piercing because of its striking visual effect.
Piercing and Placement
The Nefertiti piercing is said to be popularized by Shane Munce. This piercing was named after the Egyptian queen Nefertiti, who was famous for her beauty. Similarly, this specific genital piercing is made to be very visually striking and stunning, so it’s not surprising that such a name was picked for this piercing type.
Nefertiti piercing is a combination of two female genital piercings: a vertical clitoral hood piercing and a Christina piercing. It starts out very high, on the pubic mound, just like a Christina piercing. Unlike Christina, it doesn’t end at the top of the clitoris but it continues downwards, all the way through the clitoral hood, just like a VCH piercing.
This way, a very long piercing is produced. Nefertiti goes all the way from the pubic mound to the end of the clitoral hood. It combines the length of Christina and vertical clitoral hood piercings.
Recommended initial jewelry for Nefertiti piercing is a flexible bar made of nylon or tygon. This is made so the jewelry wouldn’t hurt the healing tissue and to accommodate movement in the early stages of healing. However, some piercers choose to use metal jewelry straight away. Keep in mind however that flexible jewelry is much better since it reduces the pressure put on the piercing that goes through so much flesh.
Once the piercing is healed you can wear metal jewelry. The standard jewelry type for Nefertiti piercing is a long straight barbell.
Additional Info and Tips
- Nefertiti piercings tend to be very long, since they consist of two piercing lengths: Christina and VCH. This length makes the healing time very long. Any piercing that goes through this much tissue will have a long healing time. The healing time is about 12 to 18 months, sometimes even longer.
- Since it consists of a vertical hood piercing and a Christina piercing (which is a surface piercing), Nefertiti should be treated as a combination of a clitoral hood and a surface piercing.
- Nefertiti piercing is known as a functional piercing since it can enhance pleasure for some women. The gem or ball on the jewelry can rub against the clitoris and produce pleasurable sensations. On the other hand, the length of the piercing and jewelry may be uncomfortable for some women.
- You will need to take jewelry out in order to shave or wax your pubic area.
- Since the upper part of Nefertiti piercing is a surface piercing, it is prone to migration and rejection.
- Sometimes, this piercing or jewelry can become uncomfortable if you wear tight clothes, such as skinny jeans.