A guiche piercing is a male genital piercing done on the perineum. This is not the most popular and widespread genital piercing, but there are many men who have it, so it’s not considered rare, either.
Guiche piercing is not difficult to perform and it can bring added stimulation, so many men enjoy it to the fullest.
Piercing and Placement
The Guiche piercing (pronounced “geesh”) first gained popularity among gay BDSM culture, only to become more common among all demographics in the 1980s and 1990s. According to Doug Malloy, this piercing is of a Polynesian origin. He said that some communities on Tahiti used to practice it on teenage boys. However, there is no concrete proof of this claim.
A Guiche piercing is done on the perineum, on the spot between a man’s scrotum and the anus. Typically, the piercing is done centrally, across the raphe (the midline of the penis). This standard placement is done transversely to the penis, but other placements are also possible. For example, some men choose to have their guiche done laterally.
Guiche is not difficult to perform, but some care must be taken. It’s mainly because this piercing is something between a regular piercing and a surface piercing, so it may require special care.
Typical jewelry for a guiche piercing is a Captive Bead Ring. Many men choose these rings because they are practical and they can also be used to attach weights. Captive Bead Rings can be used both as initial jewelry and regular jewelry.
Other popular jewelry type are barbells, usually circular barbells, but other styles are always possible.
If a guiche piercing is stretched, it can accommodate jewelry made for large gauge piercings, such as plugs or flesh tunnels. However, wearing such jewelry may cause discomfort due to the position of the piercing.
Additional Info and Tips
- Typical healing time for this piercing is between 6 and 9 months.
- It’s vital to keep perfect hygiene. This piercing is located very near the anus so it’s understandable that you should take a great care about hygiene. This should go even beyond the healing time – this is piercing that you need to take care of at all times.
- Guiche piercings are prone to migration and rejection because of their placement.
- Many men like to wear special weights through their guiche piercing jewelry for additional stimulation.
- This piercing is considered functional, since it is known to increase sexual pleasure. It can also be used for various kink and bondage activities.
- Some men have more than one guiche piercing done. Multiple guiche piercings are known as a “guiche ladder”. A guiche ladder can be formed as an extension of an existing frenum ladder.
- It is possible to stretch a guiche piercing. Such a stretched piercing is often known as a “guiche tunnel”.
- There is a female variant of this piercing, called “female guiche”. However, guiche piercings are much rarer with women.